Friday, November 21, 2008

Do you ever have one of those days? I don't mean one of THOSE days, but one of those days that the unexpected happens. This week I had one of those days. I met a friend that is working in a restricted access country. As this friend shared about their life in that place the last few years and opportunities for ministry my own heart was challenged in such a great way. As the story was shared how their roommate was martyered and the physical challenges that are daily struggles, I found myself comfortable instead of on the cutting edge. The part that really got to me was at the end as an appeal was made for those who would be willing to join in this work. Who would be willing to go and give their life, who would anwser God's call to love these people? The really amazing part was as I watched a room full of students praying asking God to send them to the difficult places. Truly God's love is perfected in our lives through our weaknesses that are surrendered to His amazing will. I am so thankful for His body that brings spiritual refreshment and clarity. I am glad I got to have one of those unexpected days!

No comments: